Monday, January 28, 2008

Having a Blast!!

Cambree eating the uneaten half of the "Oakley eaten cake"


Cambree just turned 3 on January 25th!!! What a big girl she is. Her birthday turned out to be quite the eventful day......first of all, I made her a princess cake (a pretty cute one, I would have to say). I stayed up pretty late making it because if you know me, I'm always a procastinater. I had set it out on the table along with all of her presents and a bunch of helium balloons so when she woke up - SUPRISE!!! She ended up waking up at 5:30 in the morning (of course, so much for sleep for me!). We all walked out to see the big surprise waiting and .........the cake was half eaten - that's right, HALF EATEN!! So I'm sure you're wondering who?............OOOOOAAAKLEY (That's about what it sounded like that morning). So I let Cambree dig into the uneaten half of the cake and we proceeded to make another one together (after she opened her presents of course.) I'm sure Cambree enjoyed this more anyway (making the cake and licking the batter - who wouldn't?)



I have to laugh - what was I thinking setting it out on the table?? Well, I guess I didn't think that MY DOG WOULD EAT THE CAKE!!!! It didn't bother Cambree at all, she got to dig into her pink cake and eat all of the hearts AND she got another cake to boot (thanks Oakley), I guess it was his birthday present to her.

A picture of her RE-made cake!!


Later that night we had a family birthday party for Cam. We asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner thinking it would be pancakes (she LOVES them!), but instead she chose "fish and deer meat", her exact words. So that's what we ate!! She got absolutley "princessed" and spoiled!! We even got to eat her newly made cake and strawberry ice cream!! It was a fun day.


These are some pictures of her opening her presents and with her sweet cousin Angelika - she loves her!!

Besides all of the other excitement, Tyler took her first step at almost
10 months - HOLY COW!! We are so excited. She's been standing for minutes at a time but hasn't dared step yet!! What another great birthday present. Well, I guess Cambree didn't care too much about it, but mommy and daddy sure did!!








Tyler has also started raising her hands above her head whenever we say, "How big is Tyler? SO BIG!" She loves this trick and if we say it once, we better be prepared to continue doing it for the next 30 minutes!




SO BIG!!





YEAH!!


Tyler has also started signing "eat"!! This is a perfect sign for her to know because she would eat anything she can get her hands on - What a piggy. She's so cute, if I don't get the food to her face fast enough, she'll start whining and signing "eat" faster.

"eat, eat!"

3 comments:

Chani Pratt said...

Oh my gosh Chels...this is too cute! I love the cake story. I will laugh at it every time I think about it. I can't believe how blonde Tyler is...and what a big girl she is. I guess I never realized. I totally love your blog! Now I guess I have to come back with an even better one...yeah right - yours will be hard to beat! Right on!!!

Anonymous said...

Chels - Why don't my cute neices look anything like Lanee...were you having "fun" with the "milkman"?????

Krista said...

What a fun birthday! You are such a wonderful mom! Your girls sure are cute!