It's going to be our anniversary this Sunday - 6 years!! So this year Lanee told me he was taking care of our anniversary present. I was like, alright, sounds great!! It turns out he surprised me with Diamond Rio concert tickets. (If you're not a country fan, you probaby don't know who these guys are). The even better part was that it was at a county fair, which make the BEST concerts EVER!! I LOVE being outside in the cool air and just enjoying the music, the atmosphere, and the best part, the company!! We had the $25.oo seats, which were a ways back, but hey, we were there. After the opening act we decided to scope out the seats a little further forward and take some that weren't already occupied. We found two seats right on the front row. We figured the worst part that was going to happen is someone would need the seats and we'd have to move back to our seats. A couple minutes later, we saw that they were letting people into the "standing room only" section to fill up the area more, which were $40.00 tickets. So what kind of dumbies wouldn't take advantage of that??? So we stood right up, and walked right on into the standing room only section!! We got right up next to the stage! It was so so so so so much fun!! We almost caught a couple of their picks, but missed, oh well! If you've never been to a County Fair concert, I suggest that you go, because they are always so much fun. Lanee and I had such a great time, and some much needed bonding, alone time without the girls!! Of course, we missed those two goofers like CRAZY, but had such a great time!!
You can see how close we got by this picture! They were really so good. We had a great time singing along with all their songs. They really are a great group, they have such great tone!
Being Goofy!
Diamond Rio's lead singer!

You're going to think I'm such an idiot, but you probably had to be there. Their guitar/banjo/many other instruments player was so fun to watch. He had the greatest facial expressions and really got into the music. For some reason I found him very attractive. Lanee thought I was so wierd. He said, "He's like 60 Chelsea!" I don't care, he was still good looking in his own older, musician way! So go ahead and laugh at me because in this picture I don't think it shows him very well, but he was, I promise!!
What a cute couple. Happy 6th anniversary baby!! I know it might not seem that long to some of you, but it's AWESOME to us!! I LOVE YOU!!
8 comments:
I could think of nothing more - not fun. But reading your comments, I almost wish I could have been there.
Lanee might have been too proud to admit it, but I am sure he had a man-crush on your guitarist too.
How fun!! I would love it if my hubby surprised me with country concert tickets. Way to go Lanee! You guys look so cute and it looks like it was a blast. Happy Anniversary!
Congrats on 6 years! That is awesome! I love Diamond Rio. I agree with you, Chels! Fair concerts are so fun. Joe surprised me with Phil Vassar tickets once. I had no idea he was even coming...and I LOVE him! You guys are cute!!
Oh Chelsea,
What a blast this looked like. I so miss our sister bonding time at the county fairs - but you have Lanee for that now. Looked like it was super fun. You are totally right...no concert beats a county fair concert. How fun. Congrats on your 6 years - WAY TO GO!!! - Wow, that means we are almost to our 8th!!! AHHHH. I can not even beleive that!
Oh, and your bango dude...Hahahahahaha...PUKE! He makes me throw up a little in my mouth...:) Whatever turns you on big sis! (Lanee - I would be worried if I were you)
Congrats! Happy Anniversary! We were jealous when Wilcock's said you were going. It looks like you had a great time.
Okay Chels...so I was a little harsh on the banjo dude...you are totally right...he is HOT!!! Oh baby, oh baby...He makes me blush a litte...hehehe...love ya! (you know I'm just teasing you right?)
Hey Chelsea I sooooo miss you! Your family is just the cutest! I am glad that there are such things as blogs to catch up and see what everyone 'cause life is just too crazy. What a sweet husband you have to plan your annivesary! It looks like it was just a perfect day! Keep in touch love ya Heidi
Post a Comment