I don't usually post about my personal feelings much, I decided to today.
Anyway, as many of you know we are a one car family. We sold my husbands truck and our car so we could afford our van a couple of years ago. This has helped us out greatly economically, but it can be very "trying" at times. We had decided that on preschool days Lanee would just take the van because it was so much work to get kids dressed, fed, school ready, and husband driven to work all before 9:00. This was working out fine, but it also meant I had NO car for the entire day......which if any of you know me, can be hard.
So on non-preschool days we would drive Lanee to work and pick him up and in the evenings drive him to school (masters degree) so I can could have the van. This might sound simple, but picture it with 3 kids now. Not so much. Waking kids up before they're awake to drive daddy to work, waking kids up in the middle of naptime to pick him up, not to mention half the time late picking him up because of potty accidents, poopy diapers and just plain tantrums. Then in the late afternoons or evenings, making sure dinner is done before daddy has to go back to school so we can drop him off run whatever errands we might need done, getting kids bathed and in bed, only to drag the sleeping babes out of bed around 9 or 10 to go pick daddy back up again. Can I just say my kids are TROOPERS!!
I didn't think this was all taking such a toll on me, I mean seriously I was so greatful to just have a car AND be good financially. It was just part of our daily routine that had to be done and we were all doing it. Not to mention my awesome husband who has to be the one shauffered around and not have the freedom you get with your own car (thank you honey).
Anyway, (thanks for still reading by the way)....a couple weeks ago, Lanee came home from work and simply said, "This guy from work is going to start picking me up in the mornings on his way to work. He saw me always being dropped off and thought it might help."
All I can say is tears just started flowing....WOW, I had no idea!! First of all to not have to worry about one drive during the day (I didn't know it was even that hard), 2nd to know this friend was so generous to help us out, and 3rd and probably what hit me the most was that God is mindful of me. I mean, really I know He is, but He REALLY is! I didn't even know I needed help in this part of my life until I got help. God knew this, He knew what I needed. And, what a great friend to listen and feel that need to help.
I am so blessed - beyond words!!
5 comments:
That is awesome! And not only are your kids troopers, you are too! That sounds like a lot of work.
Chels, I almost cried when I read this, I really almost cried and if I wasn't at work right now I'm sure I would have. Right now we are down to 1 car and it hasn't even been 24 hours and I've been grumpy about it all day. I don't know how you do it! Honestly, I thought of you this morning when I was waking Brinley up to take Dustin to work and my mind couldn't even imagine how hard it must be to do that with THREE KIDS, SEVERAL TIMES A DAY, ALL THE TIME! You are my hero. I really think to myself all the time that I should be more like you. You are such a great wife and such a great mom, but let me just say, WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU STILL WAKING YOUR KIDS UP AT NIGHT TO GO GET LANEE? Call me! I'll come over and if Dustin's not home I'll be happy to listen through the monitor again. You are such a great friend and I'm glad God is blessing you because you bless so many peoples lives and you don't even know it. One more thin... can't wait to run with you again :)
Wow - it sounds like you deserved this blessing!
Thanks for sharing your sweet feelings and story. I hope Ella is doing well. You are a trooper for doing all of that too. I HATE messing with nap times. I hope you guys are doing well. I can watch your girls if you need.
Such a sweet post! We have been thinking of you guys and hoping baby Ella is feeling better!
Post a Comment