Having two girls only two years apart, I think they tend to be very competative!! Tyler is always wanting to do what Cambree does. Cambree doesn't always like this, but will usually compromise in some way. Lately, Tyler has wanted to go pee-pee whenever Cambree does. I was just setting Tyler on her little portable potty with her pants and everything and this seemed to satisfy her (less work for me I was thinking!). One morning, Cambree was on the potty and Tyler comes in holding her crotch (because this is how her sister does it) and starts saying, "Mommee, PEE PEE! Mommee, PEE PEE!" So this time I decided I would let her try and take her pants and diaper off. I sat her down and sure enough, she pee-peed AND ended up doing the number 2 also!! I was so surprised!! We cheered and clapped and jumped up and down and of course had to call Daddy! Then she needed to sit on the potty every 10 minutes for the rest of the day just be cheered at! I didn't think she would be ready at 17 months, but I guess it's not too early. Cambree was such a pain to potty train, taking at least a year to be fully potty trained. No, Tyler is not fully potty trained yet, but I think we are on the right track. Tyler now goes pee-pee almost every time she sits on the potty, but still wears a diaper. We are so proud of our little pee-pee-er!!
Also, I'm sorry about the NO pictures in my recent posts. I usually take pictures with my cell phone because it is so convenient and easy. Well, my phone recently fell in the sink full of water and now the camera doesn't work - I'm so mad! Now I have to get back into the routine of using my camera.
6 comments:
Yeah...I love new blogs!!! I can't believe Tyler is on her way to being potty trained...YEAH BUGS!!! I don't mind no pictures...I just love the updates!! Keep 'em coming Chels!
Hannah was so hard to potty train too, so I'm so excited for Tyler. It makes things so much easier when the kid loves to go. Good luck with everything. And tell Tyler that we are clapping for her too.
Powells
Can they come down and teach Tatumn? haha!
Good for you! I would love it if my boys would want to be potty trained that early instead of 3-years-old.
Post a Comment