Sunday, September 28, 2008
Hives
I always look forward to Friday nights because it is mine and Lanee's date night. We do a Tot-Swap thing where 4 families take turns watching each others kids. So we each get 3 nights a month of dates, and one night a month we have to take the other kids! I so LOVE it! It guarantees that Lanee and I get to have our own date night!! So last Friday we were looking forward to our date since the week before we had all of the kids - hurray!! I'm sad to say, with kids and sickness and everything, we can't always go. 3:30 rolls around and I notice that Cambree has these BRIGHT red HUGE patches all over her belly and back. It looked just like an allergic reaction so I wasn't too worried. About 45 minutes pass and her WHOLE ENTIRE body is covered in hives. Now these hives looked NASTY. All over her face, arms, front, back, legs, neck, feet....you name it, she had it EVERYWHERE. I had given her Benedryl when I first noticed them, thinking it would help - nope! They just kept getting worse. So of course we couldn't go on our date AGAIN! (I forgot to mention that 2 Friday's past we didn't go either because Cambree was throwing up). Although I was saddened about our date, I was even more worried about my little girl. I made a doctors appointment for KidsCare and they got me an appointment at 6:00. Right when the doctor saw her, she was so shocked at the severity of the hives. The weird thing was that I had NO idea what might be causing them. Cambree has had no new foods, we have not changed laundry detergent or soap, and she's not on any new medications. The doctor was also surprised that we couldn't think of a cause because they were so bad. So Cambree is now on a higher dosage of antihistamine and some steroids for the week to get rid of these hives. We also have an appointment to see the Allergist so that we can figure out what is causing her to break out. Poor, poor girl!! I'm again, so mad at myself for not getting a picture, they really were a site to see!! I guess we'll keep you posted on what the turnout is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We missed you guys. Sorry you couldn't come, either, or go I should say. I would have liked to see a pic because then I know what to look for. Hope she gets better. That's not fun. Yea for Tyler going pee, that's crazy if she really is potty trained soon, good for you.
Oh Chelsea, I hate to hear stories about my neices being sick, or hurt...or having hives. Poor girl. I am so interested to see what caused it...as we don't have to many people with horrible allergies in our family...what about Lanee's? Hmmm...Love ya & love the new blog!!!
I hope Cambree is feeling better. It seems like as a mom you go from one event to another. That's got to be why girls worry so much.
Poor Cambree! Hives hurt! I hope you figure out what caused them so you can avoid it in the future.
Ow!! I'm sorry that happened. I hope she gets better and you can figure out what triggered them. Maybe she's allergic to those boys she's been flirting with! :) Thanks for doing such an awesome preschool. Sarah gets SO excited when it's preschool morning..and she loves going. We're so lucky to be your neighbors!
Post a Comment