Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Baseball and Kids

We decided it would be fun to go to an Odgen Raptors game on Monday night for our Family Home Evening activity. We of course had a blast, BUT life is just NOT the same with 3 little kids!

We make it down there and to start things off good, we got 4 free tickets.......YES!

We found a place to sit in the shade......YES!

Ella started BAWLING the minute we sat down.... BUMMER!
OK, maybe not in this picture, but the rest of the time she WAS bawling.

The kids were tired, and with tiredness, comes whineyness......BUMMER!
Don't let this cute, sweet picture fool you - they are terrible, terrible kids!! :)

Lanee took both girls while I tried to calm Ella down to get some DELICIOUS baseball park food.....YES!

He came back with drinks, peanuts, and 4 hotdogs, AND a free blanket because he spent the quota needed on the food......YES!

Now ALL 3 girls are screaming - Ella because she's a BABY (literally) - Cambree because her hot dog bun is falling apart - Tyler because we can't open the peanuts fast enough for her.....BUMMER!

By this time all the people sitting by us are starting to give us dirty looks, AND everytime the guy behind us screams at the top of his lungs "LET'S GO RAPTORS" Ella becomes startled and SCREAMS AGAIN........BUMMER!

Drink spilt......BUMMER!

Ella is asleep, FINALLY......YES!

Guy behind us screams again, Ella is awake screaming too.....BUMMER!

Kids start getting restless just sitting there, so now it's mommy's turn to take them out....YES!
Cambree and Tyler got to meet Oggie the Odgen Raptor....YES (but also a little creepy!)
Tyler was frightene of him - I don't blame her!

We come back with ice cream and nachos.....YES!!

Nachos spill all over Cambree and daddy........BUMMER!

3 fly balls ended up in our section, 1 bounced and hit a girl on the head, another hit a kid on the knee, and the 3rd came about 2 feet away from landing in Ella's carseat WITH Ella in the carseat.....YIKES AND BUMMER!!
But, she was FAST asleep by the end.....isn't she a DOLL! And check out those legs - I think SHE ate all of the food we bought at that darn baseball game - PIG!

I tell ya....3 kids isn't always what it's cracked up to be, but the memories and fun times sure do make it worth it!!

11 comments:

Veronica Tyler said...

Rembmer when you wanted to go somewhere and you just went? Now it takes us at least 30 minutes and I still end up forgetting something every time.... But wouldn't change having little ones for anything! Your girls are darling, and those memories make families stronger!

If you want to visit our blog feel free - sotyler.blogspot.com

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

Glad you guys had an interesting time at the game! haha! Ella is adorable, and I love the "thunder thighs!"

Jenny said...

Hey Chelsea!

Cute kids and yes three of them are a real treat. I bribe them with pure sugar and snowcone goodness which I end up paying for at the end events like this.

Chani Pratt said...

Oh my gosh...what a day! I don't know that I could take it! How do parents do it! Screaming kids, spilling food, foul balls....AHHHHHH....I am SO NOT READY FOR MOTHERHOOD! I love that we can just go, and we're both adults, and none of the other things to take care of! I CANNOT DO THIS!!!! This baby is staying in my belly FOREVER...FOREVER I tell you!!! What great parents you are though!!! And, Ella...what a chunk. I love it! And love you!

Todd and Angie Powell said...

It is so hard with more than one! It just keeps getting harder and harder to go do things when there's more of them :) But such a joy. It's so great that your creating so many great memories with your kids. What a great family night!

Tiscia said...

What a story - I'll admit the squeezable legs at the end are my favorite!

Elaine Wallace said...

I work with many missionaries and CHL staff who have 5 or more, I do not know how they do it. Chelsea this is a great blog entry and will be a wonderful, funny memory someday. Thank-you!

Megan said...

I love the way you put it, it's so true. It made me laugh out loud. The pictures are deceiving, they are cute girls. Cute family!!

Tanna said...

Oh no!! What a night. At least you can now remember it and have a good laugh. Your girls are beautiful!

Heidi Elder said...

Chels what do i say.....your family is just soooo cute and I am so grateful to know u!!!!!!!seriously u are such and amazing woman, I hope you realize that!

Danelle Robins said...

Yeah! I found you! What a sweet darling little family you have, and it looks like you have a blast too! I miss you- get in touch with me!!