Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Standing broom

This is kind of a random post, but I thought it was cool. My broom was standing all by itself in my kitchen because of the equinox and the planets aligning or moon or something. This only happens every 100 years apparently. It was the evening of the 21st and the morning of the 22nd that if you stood your broom in your kitchen it would stay standing. I didn't really believe it until I tried it - and there it stood. I started it at about 6:00 in the morning and mine fell at about 8:30. Anyway....a random and cool science experiment which my kids thought was TOTALLY cool!! They now keep trying to make the broom stand in our kitchen..............

9 comments:

Sarah said...

weird! when we went to the "mystery spot" in santa cruz a few weeks back they showed us that little trick too, except in the mystery spot the broom will always stand, it never falls. some weird gravitational something or other, fascinating!

Chelsey said...

That's crazy cool! Now I want to try it, you'll have to remind us when to do it again! :)

Krista said...

That is cool. I would have tried it if I had known about it. Too bad it will be 100 yrs...not sure I will still be kickin' it! :)

Tiffani said...

Who knew? Neat.

Sterling said...

What???? Surely you jest. This is one of those tricks where you tell someone to put a funnel in their waist band of their pants and try to roll a nickel off their nose and catch it in the funnel, but before they can roll the nickel off of their nose you pour water in the funnel, right? So, while I am trying to stand my broom, you are out stealing my hubcaps?

Unknown said...

Sterling!!!! YOU CRACK ME UP!! Stop!! STOP I SAY!!!!!

Shelley said...

Cool about the broom and... I was thinking, we could carpool if you want or I could just pick you up. Also, if you ever want to run a night outside of bootcamp we could. Great job today! I don't know how you guys run so fast! I'm glad I didn't run with you :)

Shelley said...

I run a 10 minute mile too, so that will work out great!

Shelley said...

http://www.bountifulbaskets.org Lets do this. We could both go the first time to see how it works then take turns going.