
I ran in my first 5K of the year this past Saturday.....the "Freeze Your Buns" run. Shelley and I ran it together - she's so great! It was so nice to get out and run in a race even when there is snow everywhere! The race ended up being so great because Shelley and I both placed...me for the first time EVER!! I got 2nd place in my age group and Shelley got 3rd place in her age group. Now I realize it was IN MY AGE GROUP, but seriously does it REALLY matter - hee hee. Despite the fact I'm not really even sure how many 31 year olds were there. I was still so excited to have gotten my first running ribbon for placing - hurray!! I have to say, it's very motivating....so BRING ON THE RACES!!
5 comments:
Way to go! I'd be happy about placing too!!
We rock! I do have another picture with you in it, if you want it.
Way to go Chels. I ran a 5K a couple years ago. I remember thinking before it started "I seriously paid $50 to run. How stupid is that". But when they shot the gun to start the race it was amazing. Especially crossing the finish line. I have to admit, it brought tears to my eyes.
Oh my goodness! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Remember how I think of you ALL of the time?! I hope life is all kinds of wonderful for you - I miss you terribly - I want to be your running partner someday!!!! Love you!
Alright Chelley...I'm looking for a new post! Get to it girl!!! Miss you!
Post a Comment