Monday, June 9, 2008

splash splash, swim swim!

So swimming lessons started today!! Cambree has been so excited for them to start when she thought we were going swimming on the day I signed her up, she was so bummed when we weren't. But today FINALLY came, and Cambree even had her teachers name decided on, wait for it..............Rota!! Don't ask me how she came up with this name, but she was betting on her life that her teachers name would be Rota. She woke up at 6:30 this morning and wanted to get in her swimming suit right away. She wanted to be sure she didn't miss the lessons. Tyler woke up shortly after and needed to get in her swimming suit just like her big sister. Thank goodness swimming lessons this year is at 9:00 in the morning or else I don't think I could've had them wait much longer! So we got to the pool and right when we walk in, Cambree starts screaming, "I don't want to swim, I don't like swimming lessons, I want to go to bed right now!!" And no, she wasn't quiet about it! I held her and tried to make her feel better and she started to calm down as long as I was holding her. Tyler is in the "Mom's and Tot's" class and was totally cool with whatever was going on. So I walked Cambree to her class and she continued to scream. Boy did I feel bad for her teacher. Cambree clung to her teacher (who's name ended up being Jackie :), and pretty much cried the entire swimming lessons, while the other 3 kids in her class wondered what in the world was wrong with this girl?! Tyler and I went to our swimming lessons and Cambree cried at hers. This was so hard for me to watch and see her crying the whole time. But, I know that it is better to let them get used to it on their own and hopefully tomorrow she'll know more of the routine and her teacher (Jackie) and will feel better. Swimming lessons lasts for 2 weeks, so I'll have to let you know if it gets any better. Tyler on the other hand I'm not worried about at all, of course she's with me which might help a little, but she LOVES the water!!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Remember how you are like Ms. Georgous! Chelsea! I miss you! You are so stinkin cute and your two girls are SO, SO beautiful! Wow! I hope all is happy and well! Take care you cutie patootie you!

Megan said...

What a great teacher name! I love it. Fun and cute girls.

Anonymous said...

Wow how cute are your girls and you are so beautiful. He I wanted to let you know about Natalie Maughan's baby shower. You will be getting an invitation soon. Thursday, July 17th at 7pm at Mike and Dove's in Layton. Dovee will be making dinner for everyone. I really hope you can come because I want to see you! I would love any of your family to come too if they can. I will need your help to get the word out. I hear Natalie is the cutest pregnant woman ever---I can't wait to celebrate with her.

Krista said...

Poor Cambree, I am sure it will get better. My niece was the same way and now she loves to swim! That is a really cute picture of you and your girls, by the way.

Clifton said...

Gosh, I wish we lived closer together. I would love to to see my babies grow up. I just miss ya'll. I know Cambree will get the hang of it. I do love her teacher's name. Remember she called herself the princess and I was the Queen. Take care everyone. Love ya!!!

brandi said...

What a great story! I, too, wish the teacher would have been Rota. Much more original than Jackie :) Love your blog!