Monday, February 9, 2009

Potty time with fingers crossed!


Yes, the all time famous words with an almost 2 year old! Tyler has recently started telling me BEFORE she has pooped!! Yes, you heard me right, BEFORE!! We're so excited and maybe we'll get the potty thing down!

She pooped in the potty this morning after going a little on the floor first, but we made it the rest of the way. We had to wash her blanky which she wasn't very happy about, but was glad when I told her "You're blankie is taking a bath."

So now we have moved the portable potty out to the living room (we all know that with training, it can take a while to sit on that thing). She enjoys eating snacks and watching a short clip of a movie while trying to push it all out. Right now her favorite movie to watch while trying this big event is "Barbie and the Diamond Castle". She has the first song memorized because that's where we start it each time. Maybe I should mix it up a bit. But it is too cute to hear her sing with the Barbie's!

So today, we've accomplished half a poop, and peep in the potty!! Sorry for all of the language in this post.....but it's a must when you are a proud parent!!

Trying the "Big Girl" thing!!
A supporting sister......of course Tyler can't eat the snacks and enjoy the movie all by herself!!

3 comments:

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

We are there too! Tatumn is going pretty regularly now too! Good luck!

Chani Pratt said...

Yeah Tyler! What a big girl!!! I think I want a potty in the living room so I can poop and peep and watch tv and eat. What the life she has!

Tanna said...

I know I've said this before, but THAT IS SO UNFAIR!