Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Binky Schminky

So we got rid of Tyler's Binky a couple months ago (I know, I'm a slow poster). I think I have a love/hate relationship with binkies! They are good at first, but the darn baby doesn't know how to keep it in their mouths. Soon, it's heaven sent and the best thing EVER invented, and that lasts (for us) until about 11 months. Now they are hooked and you can't get it away from them! It gets to the point where they wake up all night long just for you to go and put it back in their mouth and then they are perfectly happy, but you still have to get back to sleep. For Tyler at about 15 or 16 months she started waking up about every 30 to 45 minutes for me or daddy to put her binky back in her mouth.....DING DING DING - TIME TO GET RID OF THE BINKY! This was equal to almost NO sleep for us! So one weekend we just did it! We told her it was time to throw it in the trash and she did it happily (probably not knowing what was in store for her). That night was the hardest, but it's never as bad as I anticipate. She cryed for about one hour (we kept going in and comforting her which I'm sure made it last longer) and then slept ALL NIGHT LONG. Did you hear me......ALL NIGHT LONG. We were in heaven again!! The second night she cried for about 15 minutes and again, slept ALL NIGHT LONG. We haven't had any problems since and now I LOVE not having a binky! Way to go Tyler.


Cambree helping her little sister be brave enough to throw her binky away. Tyler was happy to do it, but Cambree was sure she needed the help!


"What's the big deal? Why is everyone so proud of me?

And away it goes!

Proud girl.....now just wait until later tonight and you'll really figure out what you did!

8 comments:

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

We are so excited for you guys with your baby news!! Hope we can see you over Thanksgiving!

Chani Pratt said...

Yeah Tyler! I am so dang proud of her. Good Girl!

Krista said...

Kambria still has a binky at night. I need to get her off of it soon.

And I didn't know you were pregnant! That is very exciting! SO many of my friends are pregnant, it's crazy.

Shelley said...

Ahhh. I didn't know you were pregnant. Ok, I did wonder but only because you bought a van, but then I thought you weren't because you look great! Just the other day I was thinking, wow she looks really good. Anyway, congrats! Being a mom is the best thing in the whole world isn't it?

Tanna said...

Hooray for Tyler!! Too bad we can't take away Abby's thumb.

Megan said...

So many updates. Glad to see you guys are still alive. Good job Tyler! Looks like you had a fun Halloween, the girls looked so cute. See you tonight.

missy. said...

congratulations on your pregnancy!! i'm excited for you... i hope you are feeling (and continue to feel) great!

Natalie said...

I'm so stinkin' excited for number 3! You guys produce the cutest girls... except for ours of course! ;)