Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Heart break!


Cambree has a crush on a little boy in preschool named Hayden. She just likes to tease him and she thinks he is SOOO funny. Well, Hayden has a crush on a girl named Lauren in preschool. Needless to say, Hayden doesn't like Cambree back and Lauren doesn't like Hayden back, so it's this crazy love triangle in preschool!


Well, the other day Hayden brought Lauren a ring (a little plastic ring) that he thought was a "girl" ring. Cambree saw him give it to her and thought it was really cool. Later that day when preschool was over she asked, "Mommy, does Hayden love me like he loves Lauren?" Oh goodness.....what do I say???


"Well, I'm not sure honey. I'm sure he likes you as a friend and likes you being in preschool."


"No, mommy. Does he LOVE me?"


"I don't know sweety, but I love you." This is when the tears came. Not just any old tears, but tears of heart break and tears of real sadness. I grabbed her and just held her for a long time and she just cried. How does a 3 year old get feelings like this?? I wish I could've just made her feel all better. Pretty soon, she did feel better and we played a game together to get her mind off of it. Poor little girl.


The next day in preschool she asked Hayden if he loved her like he loves Lauren. He bluntley came out and said, "No." She just looked at me with a little smile and shrugged her shoulders. I leaned down and said, "It's OK, because me and daddy love you and that's all that matters." She was fine after that.


Boy am I in for some REAL trouble if this is what it feels like to watch your little girl feel hurt. If you have any tips on what to say or whatever, please feel free to pour them in, I'm listening!!

3 comments:

Chani Pratt said...

Oh Gosh...poor little girl. Just teach her that BOYS SUCK!

Bob and Marie said...

Whoa!! I'm not ready for all this. Don't they have to be like 15 before they are interested in boys and heartbroken!! Good heavens. I wouldn't have known what to say either!! Congratulations on the new addition coming! We're very excited for you!@

Tanna said...

I was laughing out loud. I can't believe such a young girl could be in love. Poor Cambree!