Monday, November 3, 2008

Witchy Woman

So every year we have a tradition of "The Halloween Witch" that visits us and makes us her "Witches Brew". We eat the delicious Dinner in a Pumpkin to begin the night and end off with the witchy drink. This witch is actually mommy but don't tell the kids. She is quite an ugly woman but the kids know she is nice.....they LOVE her, all except for Tyler who of course was scared at first and then didn't know what to think. We were able to see the witch twice this year (this didn't upset Cambree at all, she was all the more excited!). She visited us once with our good friends The Johnson's and again with my family.







Here is the witch with her cackling laugh coming through the door.





I never realized how ugly I (she) really is.




First look at the witch and sweet little Tyler screams and runs away. I don't blame her, but she does soften up a bit by the end.




Here are some pictures of the witch brewing up her special potion - "Ah ah ah ah ah ah!" This potion includes things like, dragons blood, bat brains, ground up skeleton bones, green slime, crocodile tears, moon drops, and more!! I actually got this recipe from a good friend of mine who did it with us at her house and I have used it ever since - thanks Heidi!!




The kids all involved!! They think the smoke is the coolest part




The kids were so sweet this year and drew the witch some pretty pictures so she wouldn't forget them and so she would be sure to come back next year.




A picture of the clan - Carson, the witch, Cambree, Phoenix, the twins Isabella and Peyton, and Tyler.


1 comment:

Chani Pratt said...

How fun. I have heard about the witch every year...although I have never had the pleasure of seeing her do her thing...I love the pictures. Now I can just imagine. How fun for the girls.