So we had a blast this memorial day weekend! First, it started off with getting over with my preschool graduation which is always a great relief off of my shoulders. I ended up planning the graduation on Lanee's birthday - oops, but he was such a trooper and sweetheart! I couldn't ask for a better man. He helped me with EVERYTHING and didn't complain one bit, even though it was on his birthday! It ended up being a very successuful night. Although the day ended up being a little rainy so instead of having it in the park, we had it at a nearby church. This actually turned out better than I had thought. It was nice to have the stage for the cute plays and certificates!
So that night we pigged out on Lanee's favorite dessert - anything with oreo in it. We ate a delicious Oreo ice cream sandwich cake - mmm-mmm!
The next morning we went to see the awesome "Indiana Jones" movie. Lanee's work has all the staff go to a movie once or twice a year which they pay for. It was fun, and I love Indiana Jones. It was funny and cheesy and so Indiana Jones. I can't wait to get all 4 of them!
We came home and headed off to Salt Lake City for a fun but not too expensive family trip. Lanee was so cute because he surprised me and had it ALL planned a head of time - the places we would eat, he had the hotel booked (with a pool of course, you can't go to a hotel with kids and not have a pool!), the activities we were to do.......everything! I felt guilty because it was supposed to be for his birthday, but his surprise made it so much fun. So we stopped at "Famous Daves" For a late lunch - Lanee LOVES barbecue!! It was delicious.....This is of course us, enjoying our delicious lunch!



Then we checked into our hotel, dipped our feet in the pool and headed off to the Bee's Baseball game!! We like to sit in the grassy area - with kids, there is no better way to watch a baseball game! The kids can run around, toss baseballs to daddy, and of course run down the hill, all the while mommy and daddy can sort of watch the game!

We had to get an All American Hot dog (why do I love these so much at baseball games - yumm!) Then of course Cambree and Tyler needed, popcorn, cotton candy, and ice cream!!
Tyler takes after her mommy - she was finishing EVERY last bite of the food we got! She even ate the onions and the green peppers and the pickles and tomatoes and EVERYTHING!!! I stopped her at the jalapenos, I'm sure she wouldn't have liked those! I love that she loves everything - she's a pig!
Yes - Tyler is STILL eating!
They have a cute little train that kids can ride, so we HAD to wait in line for that. We got to meet "The Bee" himself! Cambree loved him. Tyler wasn't so sure....she didn't want to get a picture with him, but once she was in my arms, she wanted to give him five and then wouldn't stop waving. The rest of the game, she kept her eye out for that bee. Every time she saw him, she'd point and say "ba, ba, ba" - I'm guessing that means Bee??? We got a few home-run balls hit right by where we were sitting, no luck catching one though.
Cambree and The Bee
The Train Ride

They gave out cute Train hats (which Tyler hated) and free Heber Creeper train passes - we'll have to use them this summer, I'm excited because I've never been on the Heber Creeper before - yahoo!

In the middle of the game, I took the girls to the cute playground they have.....what fun. They had a bouncing area, then slides and swings of course. I was playing with Tyler and when I looked to see where Cambree was, I couldn't find her.....talk about a heart attack. I looked everywhere. Cambree is not so much of a dare devil so I new she wouldn't have gone into the bouncing area with all those big kids, she would have died. Well, after about 5 minutes of looking - which was the longest 5 minutes of my life, here comes Cambree bouncing right out of that little bouncing pit!! I ran up to her and said, "Did you go in there all by yourself?"......."Yes, mommy, I wanted to see if it felt like our trampoline at our house."...........Needless to say, she butted right in front of the enormous line, just took her shoes off all by herself and climbed right in, with no workers noticing or anything! "Well, was it anything like our trampoline at home?"......."No way, our trampoline doesn't have lots of big kids knocking me down, I like our trampoline better." I was so surprised that she did this all by herself, and proud, maybe she's getting some guts! I do have to say, it's not worth that sick feeling in my stomach though - YIKES!
Cambree and Tyler walking across the bridge at the Bees Playground.After the game, we went back to the hotel and of course had to go swimming. By this time it was about 10:00.....on vacation who needs bedtimes, right? Both the girls LOVED the hot tub, and I had to get Cambree use to the cooler pool. By the end, she was loving it!! Cambree started calling the hotel our "New Home" and didn't ever want to leave it.
Of course the girls didn't sleep in, so we had a morning of tired girls and parents, but we went swimming again - we needed to make the hotel worth it of course and then headed off to Hogle Zoo!! What a blast we had......The girls liked the train best of course. Tyler just loved trying to find the animals hidden in the cages. Once she found one, there was no shutting her up - pointing and hollering.....if you know Tyler and her loudness, you can picture this!! Cambree loved every animal she saw and couldn't wait to see the next one! They also loved the ball that sits in water and all the kids can roll it in place and get their hands all wet - why is this so much fun, we had to check the ball out a few times!
One of the coolest things at the zoo - according to the girls - The Water Ball!

The Girls checkin' out the cool white alligator!
The Zoo Train!
"Cool Mommy!! It's like I'm drinking his spit!!"

After the zoo, we headed back home. The girls slept - YAY, and Lanee and I actually felt like we had some time to talk and enjoy ourselves just being together.
What a fun little weekend. I always love little trips like this the best. Not much planning or money, but we get to have fun together and enjoy time away. Now that we are home Cambree keeps asking, do we get to go back to our "New Home" today? I really liked it mommy, when do we get to go back?
6 comments:
That looks like a fun vacation! You guys are such a cute little family!
What an awesome vacation! We need one of those. The girls are darling as ever. We need to get together sometime this summer.
i seriously think kya and tyler look so alike. do you think we're related somehow and we never knew it?
WOW! What an awesome weekend. It's sounds so fun. It would be fun to be with you guys, always doing fun things. I bet your girls remember that. Happy Birthday Lanee. See you Friday
your little family is so cute! you've got some great pictures, you've always been so photogenic it's not fair! have fun this summer before school starts again!
What a great weekend! Just a bit of planning goes a long way! You have a darling little family and I love reading about all your adventures. Summer has just begun, yahoo!
Post a Comment