Monday, May 26, 2008

My Sweet First Grade Student


I am in deep rememberance today, ironically on this memorial day that I mourne the loss of one of my former first grade students. I never thought that I would see a student of mine pass on before me. I guess you never do actually think that things like this will happen. What a sweet girl with a sweet spirit and such a great friend! She had the greatest smile and the most adorable dimple. I can't seem to get her face out of my head and remember that whole year she was in my class. It's amazing how connected you get with the students you teach. I keep thinking about her family and her parents..........boy, it's so much to take in. I'm so grateful to have the knowledge that her family will see her again and be with her. I know she made such an impact on people while she was here on earth. I will always remember her and the brightness she brought to my life and that first grade class. Clarissa, I'll miss you!


Clarissa Packer

1997 - 2008

Clarissa Packer, 10-year-old daughter of Jed and Kristen Packer, passed away at her home on Friday, May 23, 2008, after her courageous battle with cancer. She was born December 16, 1997, in Logan, Utah. Clarissa was a beautiful, happy, compassionate and determined child. She loved being outside, playing with her dogs, helping her dad in the garden, and playing soccer. Clarissa loved chocolate ice cream, hot waffles, mashed potatoes and playing games with her family. Her family were her best friends. Clarissa attended Providence Elementary and loved all of her teachers and classmates. She was a member of the L.D.S. Providence 12th Ward. Clarissa was a very spiritual young lady. She loved Primary, her teachers and friends. The Primary songs brought her comfort and joy throughout the last few months. We express deepest appreciation to Dr. Meeker, Dr. Thompson and the Radiation Therapy Staff, Primary Children's Medical Center, The Make A Wish Foundation, Associated Foods, Macey's and the Gardener's Market. The community has been wonderful and generous in providing fundraisers and support. We extend our heart-felt thanks to our family and friends for their love and compassion. Clarissa is survived by her parents, Jed and Kristen Packer; sisters, Chalyce and Jocelyn, and her younger brother, Carson; grandparents, Bryce and Valoy Packer and Darrel and Karla Gibbons, and aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. She will be missed by all who knew her. A viewing for Clarissa will be held Tuesday, May 27, from 6-8 p.m. at the Allen-Hall Mortuary in Logan, Utah and Wednesday, May 28, from 10:30 - 11 :30 a.m. at the Providence 12th Ward Chapel, 309 South Main Street prior to the funeral services. Services will be held at 12 p.m. on Wednesday, May 28, 2008. Interment will be in the Providence Cemetery. Condolences and memories may be shared with the family at http://www.allenmortuaries.net/

5 comments:

brandi said...

ohhhhh, so sad. What a beautiful little person. My heart goes out to her family.

aironn said...

It really puts things into perspective when someone so young dies. Thanks for reminding me that the spilled milk and squabbles really are a blessing!

Jen said...

I don't know her - and I am in tears. What a beautiful little child of God. I'm sure your life has been blessed by knowing her. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and all of those who knew and loved her.

Amanda Sue Anderson said...

OH Chelsea~ That is so sad.I think I actually remember seeing her whether it was when i was passing by or if I actually knew her from one of the classes i worked in when i was there. It's hard losing someone you know especially with it being someone so young. My prayers go out to you and her family and to know that there will be a reunion someday with this sweet girl is such a blessing. I'm sure she will forever be a sweet angel who will watch over the people she loves!!!

Clifton said...

I'm so sorry Chels. I know that must be hard. But thank goodness for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in their and our lives. I know the Lord will support her and her family. I will pray for their comfort and for yours. Be sure to hug my babies. They are vital in our progression. LOVE YA ALWAYS!!!
It will be a happy day for them to meet again in the Spirit world. They may also draw comfort when they can go to the temple and prefrom the ordinances of the Lord there in His holy house and do a work that will allow their daughter to enter the Celestial Kingdom.